It’s the day we’ve all been waiting all year for – the begin of Halloween Terror 2017.
Things are getting real spooky in Overwatch, as today dawns the beginning of the second annual Overwatch Halloween Terror event. Along with a host of awesome new skins, we also get the return of Junkenstein’s Revenge and plenty of other Halloween-themed goodies.
The event is running from today, October 10th, until November 1st, and players will have the chance to collect 8 new Legendary skins for Mei, Zenyatta, Symmetra, McCree, Reaper, Ana, Torbjorn, and Zarya, respectively. Per usual, players will also have the option to collect or buy last year’s Halloween Terror skins. For this event, Blizzard has released a total of 50 cosmetics overall, including portraits, voice lines, emotes, and more all up for grabs in the new loot boxes.
Junkenstein’s Revenge is returning from last year’s event as well, in both its regular form and a brand new “endless mode”. With more heroes available (originally just Ana, Hanzo, McCree, and Soldier: 76 were available), you’ll get a loot box for playing and completing 12 waves. In this mode, you can play as Ana, Genji, Hanzo, McCree, Soldier: 76, Torbjorn, Widowmaker, or Zenyatta in a team of four, on the original Eichenwalde map.
As mentioned, if you missed out on last year’s skins, you’ve got another chance to get them, too! They’re discounted from their typical 3x credit price down to typical prices, so if you didn’t get the legendaries like Junkenstein(a must-have) last year, they’re now cheaper! Legendary skins, for example, were 3000 credits last year, and 1000 credits this year. New skins, like Symmetra’s Dragon skin, remain at typical 3x prices, 3000 credits for a new legendary skin.
Check out the brand new launch trailer showcasing all of the new skins below:
Although the Halloween event is the topic of discussion, don’t forget that this patch also included some changes. Here are what the patch notes are for the Halloween Terror update:
- Ultimate charge is now immediately expended when a hero’s ultimate ability is activated, instead of depleting over a short period of time
- An option to manually hold down D.Va’s boosters rather than toggling them has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va
- No longer interrupted when Genji is stunned or hacked
- Can now be interrupted when Orisa is stunned or hacked
- Now interrupts the following ultimate abilities: Ana’s Nano Boost, Orisa’s Supercharger, Mei’s Blizzard, Reinhardt’s Earthshatter, and D.Va’s Call Mech
- When capturing an objective, the progress bar is now broken into three segments that will fill in with the team’s color that is capturing it (as each segment fills, it will trigger an animation and audio cue)
- The number of defenders currently on the objective will now be displayed in addition to the number of attackers, just below the progress bar
Along with these changes, there is another noteworthy addition to Overwatch today – a brand new Winston skin for those who buy the Blizzcon Virtual Ticket. For more info on the new Winston skin, you can visit the official site here.
If you haven’t opened your Battle.net app today, go now and start your download and start collecting these awesome new legendaries! Which legendary skin are you hoping to get the most? Let us know, join us on Discord, on our Facebook page, or Twitter.