Gigantic released a new patch today to address issues. Along side the patch the newest character Oru joins the Gigantic roster.
Gigantic has released a new patch today designated as the corruption patch. In their press release, Motiga and Perfect World Entertainment has said that this is the games first big patch since the game’s release. This update implemented the push to talk feature and introducing the custom lobby beta, as well a fixes known issues that have been addressed during the past two build. The patch also features their newest character: Oru.
“Oru, also known as ‘The Fortune Teller,’ is a mid-range damage dealer who excels in team fights. His kit revolves around combining his skills to deal high damage and provide utility to the team in the form of crowd control.”
- JUDGMENT (LMB/RT): Throw a ‘Judgment’ card at the target enemy. On hit, inflict JUDGMENT and burning.
- THE BEAST (RMB/LT): Toss a spread of three ‘The Beast’ cards. On hit, inflicts THE BEAST and slows.
- THE JOKER (Q/LB): Place three cards as a row of traps at your feet. On trigger, the cards damage and push away enemies. This can only hit unique targets once.
- COSMIC POWER (E/RB): Damages target area and reveals cards held by enemies. If they have a JUDGMENT, the skill deals damage. If they have THE BEAST, the skill dazes.
- DEATH DEALER (F/LS+RS): Rapidly toss ‘Death’ cards. Once completed, reveal all cards dealt. Deals 400 damage and +200/400/800 if the target is below 50% health.
- Updated the sound effects of the Sanctum Falls Clash.
- Updated the sound and voice events related to creature gestation times.
- Added a subtle audio tell when Voden and Imani have charged their shots to full power.
- Added a pop sound when you receive a text chat message.
PROGRESSION & REWARDS
When you summon or upgrade a creature in Gigantic it is essential to the high-level strategy of Gigantic. Motiga said they felt with the latest update making summons and upgrades instant gave an awkward feeling in high-level play. They are reintroducing a mechanic known as creature gestation.
When placing a creature on a Power circle, the creature will now remain in a defenseless, “summoning” state before it fully appears into the world. During this time, it is unable to fight or collect power and is extremely vulnerable to enemy attacks.
They believe this change will improve the game in a few important ways:
- It gives players a chance to recognize when the enemy team is summoning before it is complete.
- It lets you know which creature is being summoned before it fully spawns.
- It offers counter-play when a team decides to upgrade their creature: teams can punish each other for an ill-timed summon.
- It significantly reduces the benefit of upgrading a creature in the middle of a fight.
- It requires players to think much more carefully before deciding when to upgrade their creature, and which creature to upgrade.
For those familiar with how gestation worked previously, it should be noted that gestation is no longer affected by hero proximity as it was in the past. We wanted players to feel like they should protect their summons, but not necessarily feel like they are doing nothing while waiting for their creature to spawn – particularly if there is no immediate threat.
- Reduced the channeling time to summon a creature from six to three seconds.
- Young creatures now gestate for three seconds before spawning. This time is not affected by ally or enemy proximity.
- Adult creatures now gestate for 20 seconds before spawning. This time is not affected by ally or enemy proximity.
- Obelisks have a one second gestation time for both babies and adults.
- The Yeti Cyclops now creates a single frost field at the wall’s location.
- The Young Yeti Cyclops no longer creates frost fields.
- Fixed a bug where Heroes could get stuck in a Cyclops wall if standing where the newly-created wall spawns.
BATTLEGROUNDS – GHOST REEF
- Fixed a bug where larger Heroes would clip through the terrain when using the leftmost jump pad from the airship.
- Fixed a bug during Clash which would sometimes cause projectiles fired near the center of the map to be fired in random directions instead of where they were aimed.
RMB/LT // CADOR’S COMMAND
- Fixed a bug where Cador’s Command could be cast while Focus-primed, interrupting the Focus attack.
F/LS+RS // TERRIFY
- Fixed a bug where using Terrify on an invalid target would place Aisling in her weakened state.
RMB/LT // GRENADE
- Smart Grenade upgrade: Fixed a bug where the Grenade would not trigger its visual or sound effects when impacting an enemy directly.
LMB/RT // FIREBALL
- Bigger Ball of Fire upgrade: Increased base damage from 300 to 330 damage.
- Bombastic upgrade: Bonus damage is now maintained when hitting enemies caught in the explosion radius, not just by hitting enemies directly.
Q/LB // DETONATE
- Blast Off upgrade: No longer pushes enemies
- Parting Gift upgrade: Now pushes enemies instead of creating a burning area.
- Fixed a bug where Portal Beast could be cast while Focus-primed, interrupting the Focus attack.
LMB/RT // REACH OUT
- Shielding Touch upgrade: Reduced the amount of armor provided from 25 to 20 armor.
RMB/LT // PORTAL BEAST
- Increased the base Portal Beast damage by 10%.
E/RB // DISPLACEMENT
- Fixed a bug where players could continuously use Displacement without it going on cooldown.
LMB/RT // BULLET BARRAGE
- Ballistic Accelerator upgrade: While fortified, you now deal up to 85% of your normal damage at long range. This has been reduced from 100% damage.
- Iron Skin specialization: Fixed a bug where Iron Skin would provide additional armor but fail to heal HK after using Focus.
LMB/RT // SKEWER
- Pierce upgrade: Now applies bleeding on hit, but adds a 10 stamina cost to Skewer attacks.
- Adding Assault to Injury upgrade: Now increases the bleeding applied by Pierce to 60 dmg/s, and refreshes the bleed duration on a successful hit with Skewer.
Q/LB // GORE
- Fixed a bug where Gore could be used while Focus-primed, interrupting the Focus attack.
E/RB // BULL RUSH
- Lowered the speed boost provided by Bull Rush from +66% to +25%.
LMB/RT // DEMON FIST
- Slightly reduced the ability to spam jump attacks.
Q/LB // SLIP AND SLIDE
- Forceful Impact upgrade: Fixed a bug where the skill would fail to daze enemies.
- Fixed a bug where Rush, Flurry, and Juju Fruit could still be used while Focus-primed.
LMB/RT // CUT
- Slightly increased the base range of Cut.
- Fixed a bug where jump attacks would not properly apply Bleeding with the Open Wounds upgrade.
RMB/LT // RUSH
- Reduced the amount of Focus generated when tagging enemies with Rush by half.
- Bouncing Around upgrade: Now reduces the cooldown of Rush by 2 seconds on a successful hit rather than 3 seconds.
Q/LB // FLURRY
- Increased the base damage of Flurry by 40%.
E/RB // JUJU FRUIT
- Smear upgrade: Now increased the cooldown of Juju Fruit by 3 seconds.
F/LS+RS // FRUIT PUNCH
- Reduced the area affected by Fruit Punch.
- Reduced the length of time that the poison cloud lingers by 3 seconds.
- Slightly increased the speed at which the animation plays out.
- Fixed a bug where Tyto’s Excelsior weapon skin could not be selected when preparing for a match.
LMB/RT // TALON
- Increased the base damage of Talon by 5 damage per hit.
- Slightly reduced the ability to spam jump attacks.
- Hidden Talon upgrade: decreased movement distance on the attack.
RMB/LT // SWOOP
- Fixed a bug where using Swoop while falling would occasionally prevent you from reaching the intended location.
Q/LB // BLADE DANCE
- Increased the base damage of Blade Dance by 15%.
Q/LB // ELASTIC OOZE
- Bounces Off Me upgrade: Reduced the armor granted to affected allies from 25 to 20 armor.
- Super Bounce upgrade: Now grants deflection to an ally if they are hit with the initial explosion created by the flask, as opposed to being hit with the flask itself.
F/LS+RS // CHAOS QUAFF
- Removed the Daze applied by the Chaos Quaff polymorph since it was redundant to the skill.
LMB/RT // RAY OF LIGHT
- Righteous Defenses upgrade: Reduced the armor granted to targeted allies from 20 to 15 armor.
Q/LB // GREEN MAN
- Fixed a bug where Voden’s decoy would not create healing springs after taking the Spring to Life upgrade.
- Fixed a rare bug where Voden’s decoy wouldn’t go on cooldown in certain scenarios.
LMB/RT // RAIN OF BLOWS
- Removed an unintended delay after performing the jump attack.
RMB/LT // SPLASH KICK
- Increased the base cooldown of Splash Kick by 1 second.
- Boundless Energy upgrade: Increased the modified cooldown of the skill by 1 second.
- Rising Tide upgrade: Fixed a bug where you would have to wait 1 second before using Splash Kick in order to launch an enemy.
Q/LB // CRASHING WAVES
- Slightly reduced the movement speed of Crashing Waves.
- Fixed an exploit where dodge could be used to cancel Crashing Waves and negate the skill’s cooldown.
F/LS+RS // TYPHOON’S FURY
- Increased the max turn rate when propelled forward by Typoon’s Fury.
Q/LB // WAVE OF SORROW
- Sorrow’s Wake upgrade: No longer pieces, but instead knocks up and weakens enemies around the targeted Hero.
- Swapped the Compounding Sorrow and Crack and Ruin upgrades (both Tier 2) to the opposite path.
- Savor the Sorrow upgrade: Reduced the amount of healing provided from 75 hp to 50 hp per target hit.
Gigantic is free to play for PC and Xbox One so you can try Oru or any of the roster out for yourself.