Blizzard will release the new playable character late 2017 along with some other goodies.
Necromancers are masters of the dark arts who draw Essence from the corpses of their enemies. Their abilities not only cost essence to cast but health as well. So the Necromancer has to carefully balance the two in order to take full advantage of the damage they can potentially deal.
- Grim Scythe: Swing a huge scythe in a wide arc, dealing damage and restoring Essence. This is the Essence generator for the class.
- Blood Nova: Unleash a powerful nova dealing massive damage to surrounding enemies. This is one of the five skill runes for the base Death Nova skill. The damage Blood Nova does come at a cost, some of your health is included in the casting cost.
- Devour: Consume corpses to instantly restore Essence to power your other skills. One of the runes of Devour, Cannibalize, also allows you to regain health.
- Golem: Summon a powerful ally like the mighty Blood Golem, which can drain the blood from your enemies, dealing damage and restoring your health. He can sacrifice himself to heal you and do damage to surrounding enemies, after which he’ll quickly reconstruct.
- Blood Rush: Shed your mortal flesh and pass through solid objects to swiftly reach a new location.
- Leech: Curse enemies so that attacking them transfers their life energy to you and your allies.
These are the abilities we know so far, and they seem to gear the Necromancer up for a variety of uses in the current Diablo III Greater Rift meta. It will all depend on the unique items that Blizzard creates for them to really get a good feeling for what they’ll be best at.
The female Necromancer model was revealed in all of its spectacular glory! The concept art had first been revealed at Blizzcon, and while we knew that we were going to get a female model, the end results look downright awesome.
The Necromancer will be available on the PTR, however, the Necromancer’s PTR will be different from others Blizzard reveals. It will not be an expansion pack that brings in the Necromancer, instead, it will be a content pack that will include the class, an in-game pet, cosmetic wings, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs (on PC), a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and a banner sigil. The Necromancer pack will be released around the same time as a free content patch. This patch will release new challenge rifts as well as some new zones. Blizzard hopes to release the Necromancer the second half of 2017.